Ben is the Team Leader for the Corporate team and has extensive experience of advising on a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A and fundraisings, private equity, joint ventures and reorganisations. He regularly takes the lead role on some of the firm’s most complex and high profile transactions, working with multi-disciplinary deal teams consisting of other members of the firm and other professional advisers. Ben’s focus is on effective transaction execution, whilst ensuring a transaction delivers the desired outcomes for our client. His broad experience allows him to apply innovative solutions to challenges which arise during transactions.
He also advises quoted and private companies on company law and governance matters.
Ben is a trustee of the National Centre for Children's Books, Seven Stories.
Examples of experience include advising:
- the founders and majority shareholders of the leading online fashion retailer END. on the disposal of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group
- the challenger bank, Atom Bank plc, on its equity fundraisings from inception to date, totalling in excess of £450million, including its £149million fundraising in 2018, and its £135million fundraising in 2016
- the founders and majority shareholders of the pharmaceutical and biochemistry CDMO, Arcinova, on its sale to Permira-backed Quotient Sciences Limited
- Venator Materials plc on its $454million IPO on the New York Stock Exchange
- AIT Worldwide Logistics on its acquisition of UK based freight forwarder, ConneXion
- Huntsman Corporation on its acquisition of IFS Chemicals Limited
- Molins PLC on its disposal of its tobacco manufacturing and instrumentation business to Coesia
- pharmaceutical and biochemistry CDMO Arcinova, on BGF's minority equity investment
- the shareholders of the leading online fashion retailer END. on a minority investment by Index Ventures
- shareholders of health services group, Vocare, on its disposal to Totally plc
- Vertu Motors plc on its corporate affairs and in excess of £350million of fundraisings and acquisitions, including placings totalling in excess of £85 million, its £21.8 million acquisition of the Hughes Group, £31million acquisition of Greenoaks Mercedes and £31 million acquisition of Albert Farnell Limited
- on numerous IPOs (both on the company and broker side), including IPOs of Vertu Motors plc, Superglass plc, Hargreaves Services plc, Sweett Group plc and e-therapeutics plc
- Huntsman Corporation on the $812m disposal of its European base polymers business to SABIC
- the Saudi-based Al Rushaid Group on the disposal of Whessoe Oil & Gas Limited to Samsung C&T Corporation.