Andrew specialises in commercial property transactions, with particular emphasis on the investment, development and leisure sectors. He has wide ranging experience of funding developments, complex sale and purchase contracts conditional on planning, site assembly, re-financings, acquisitions, disposals and portfolio investment management. He also has expertise acting for occupational tenants on pre-lets, sales and leasebacks and portfolio management.
Andrew has successfully completed the CEM course on Sustainability and the Built Environment which gives him insight into the issues facing both landlords and tenants when leasing buildings. As a result he has helped draft green lease provisions for institutional landlords.
Examples of experience include:
- Leading on the statutory transfer scheme to separate the legal property interests of Royal Mail and Post Office Limited across 150 properties
- Acting for an institutional pension fund on various investment asset purchases to a value of over £200m in the last three years, in including leisure, industrial and retail property
- Acting for a major public body on redevelopment projects, including overage arrangements, for retail, leisure, office and residential purposes
- Acting on the acquisition, investment management, refurbishment and sale of shopping centres across the country for institutional investors, including strategic planning for future disposal
- Leading on the forward funding of a £50 million leisure park consisting of a hotel, cinema and supermarket complex with multiple ancillary restaurants forming a town centre leisure regeneration, including advising on site assembly, planning, construction and development aspects.
"Andrew is an absolute pleasure to work with; he is methodical, organised, hard-working, knowledgeable and an excellent communicator."
"Hardworking and technically very good."