Jason Walters is a member of the firm’s GCSolutions team and is assigned to the Dispute Resolution and Litigation Group. He focuses his practice on business litigation and counseling clients in several transactional areas.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason primarily worked as a civil litigator defending personal injury and product liability lawsuits. His litigation experience included defending manufacturers of asbestos-containing products and trucking clients. Jason has extensive experience guiding corporations through business formation, corporate structure, insurance, risk management, and federal and state regulations.
Jason was elected to serve as the Chair of the Young Lawyers Division (YLD) of the North Carolina Bar Association in 2017. The YLD’s mission is to serve both the public and the profession across the state. It serves the public by offering pro bono projects and service opportunities for young lawyers. It serves the profession by advocating for young lawyers and providing leadership and networking opportunities.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Chair (2017-2018); Chair-Elect (2016-2017); Secretary (2015-2016); Administrative Division Director (2014-2015); Division Director (2009-2012); Committee Chair (2008-2009)
- American Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, District Representative (2012-2014); Council Member
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Disaster Legal Services Representative for North Carolina, 2012-2014
- High Point University Alumni Association Board of Directors, President (2016-2018); Vice President (2013-2016); Alumni Awards Committee Chair (2010-2013)
- Adjunct Professor of Political Science, High Point University
- NCBA Leadership Academy, 2015-2016
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the North Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2015, 2017-2023