For the fifth consecutive year, Womble Bond Dickinson has won the Largest Overall Contributor Award in the North Carolina Bar Association’s Legal Feeding Frenzy campaign.
But the real winners are North Carolina’s food banks and the clients they serve. The 2018 Legal Feeding Frenzy campaign raised a total of 373,000 pounds of food for the state’s neediest citizens. Nearly one-third of that was donated by Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys and staff!
Attorney Anna Short-Slightom coordinated the firm’s participation in this year’s campaign, and all five of the firm’s North Carolina offices participated. Offices collected food and money for the Legal Feeding Frenzy. Individual office captains and food banks served were:
- Charlotte: Austin Roop, Katie Ramseur, Whitney Kamerzel (Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina);
- Greensboro: Ethan Goemann, Jon Sink (Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC);
- Raleigh: David Boaz, Rebecca Fleishman, Jennifer Nusbaum, Laura Sloan (Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC);
- RTP: Taylor Ey, Kimberly Burke Richmond (Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC);
- Winston-Salem: Ryan Niland (Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC).
The firm will be recognized by North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein at an April 25 ceremony in Cary.
The Legal Feeding Frenzy is a collaborative effort engineered by the NCBA Young Lawyers Division in conjunction with Feeding The Carolinas and the North Carolina Attorney General.