BOSTON—Womble Bond Dickinson attorney Deborah Vernon, Ph.D., moderated a recent panel discussion on helping women take charge of their careers in the science and technology sectors.
The discussion, titled “Own It! Empowering Your Career & Your Life”, was presented by Women in the Enterprise of Science & Technology (WEST) and featured senior science and technology leaders sharing their career stories. In addition to Vernon, the panel consisted of:
- Nicole Barna, Head of HR, Codiak;
- Michelle Luo, PhD, Global Head of Outcomes Research & Epidemiology, Gastroenterology, Takeda Pharmaceuticals;
- Amber Salzman, President and CEO, Ohana Bioscience;
- Jackie Schumacher, VP, Regulatory and Quality, Lyndra Therapeutics;
- Marianne Slight, Google Cloud Health Product Manager.
The event took place April 3 at LifeHubBoston.
WEST is a Boston-based organization that provides professional development and career support for early and mid-career women in the fields of science and technology. Vernon serves on the WEST Board of Directors.
Deborah Vernon, Ph.D. , assists clients in obtaining and enforcing intellectual property rights in both the US, and abroad. Her practice is focused on chemical and mechanical arts. She has particular experience with drafting, prosecuting and maintaining patents in the technology fields of metallurgy, superconductors, semiconductors, photovoltatics, plasma science, ceramics, thin film technology, nanophase materials, composite materials, spectroscopy, analytical chemistry, medical devices and instrumentation, and mechanical engineering.