Once again, Womble Bond Dickinson attorney Aaron Pohlmann is a contributing author to the American Bar Association book, ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits (2020 Edition). This is the seventh edition of the book and Pohlmann has contributed to each of them. Pohlmann contributed to the chapter on the Eleventh Circuit.
Circuits can vary significantly in their approach to substantive and procedural ERISA issues. This book helps practitioners become quickly acquainted with ERISA law of a particular circuit. Leading ERISA cases by circuit are covered, along with discovery trends, Risk of Relapse, and more. The book includes:
Updated discussion of the most recent and leading ERISA cases by circuit;
- Analysis of the leading standard of review decisions;
- Recent ERISA discovery trends;
- Discussion of the Fiduciary Exception to the Attorney Client Privilege;
- Examination of disability claims based on the Risk of Relapse;
- Consideration of the consequences of a failure to make a timely request for administrative review; and
- Review of circuit-by-circuit approaches to common plan and policy provisions.
Aaron Pohlmann focuses his practice in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, employment, and life, health, and disability insurance litigation. Since completing a federal judicial clerkship, Pohlmann has represented employers, ERISA plan fiduciaries, third-party administrators, insurers, and managed healthcare entities in a wide variety of litigation. He has extensive experience in Georgia federal and state courts, and regularly manages matters in Alabama, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia courts.