Employees will leave your organization. The burden of managing employee turnover falls on the employer and having the right plans in place to deal with retirements, resignations and terminations is a big step in the right direction.
On Feb. 21, Womble Bond Dickinson Partner Tara Cho was a presenter at the North Carolina Bar Association’s webinar titled, “Count Down - Preparing for the Inevitable.” The panelists discussed ethical obligations as well as best practices for dealing with employee departures while Tara spoke to data security related risks to private, confidential, privileged and proprietary information.
Cho was joined in the presentation by:
- Alicia W. Lewis, Anderson Jones PLLC;
- Erik Mazzone, Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Company;
- Nichole P. McLaughlin, NC State Bar;
- Patti W. Ramseur, Ramseur Maultsby LLP; and
- Catherine Sanders Reach, North Carolina Bar Association, Cary (Moderator).
Tara Cho chairs Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP’s Privacy and Cybersecurity Team. Her practice is dedicated to counseling clients on privacy and data security issues across industries and sectors.