This webinar took place on April 8, 2020.
To download the slides from this presentation, please click here. A replay of the webinar is below.
- Paul Turner, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Kevin Mangan, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Joe Tirone, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Jasper Mason, Of Counsel, Womble Bond Dickinson
Description: Over the past few weeks, crude oil prices have declined precipitously during an already particularly difficult time due to the global crisis that has pushed this big news off stage. Numerous companies already have announced significant capital expenditure reductions and the suspension of equity buybacks. Womble Bond Dickinson presented a valuable discussion about how to best manage bankruptcy issues and risks in these uncertain times.
In this webinar, panel members addressed:
- Common pitfalls in managing credit and legal risk in the upstream sector
- Problems that can arise in connection with secured hedging facilities
- Reserve Based Lending issues
- Preparing for a counterparty filing
- Ground zero: the first few days of a bankruptcy. What do I do?
Who should watch?
In-house counsel for upstream energy producers, wholesale energy market participants, trading companies, and lenders to the energy sector who are looking to understand counterparty risk.
To help navigate the COVID crisis, we are sharing actionable content on our COVID-19 Resource Hub: Navigating the Legal Challenges of COVID-19. This is the best place to find fresh perspectives and insights from Womble Bond Dickinson (US) attorneys on a real time basis.