*Susan Kim is not licensed to practice law in the state of Virginia. She is supervised by an attorney licensed to practice law in Virginia.
Susan is an associate on the Corporate & Securities team. She enjoys advising her clients on a broad range of corporate issues, including entity formation, organization and governance. She also provides guidance on negotiating and drafting transactional documents and commercial agreements. In addition, she advises clients on issues related to corporate mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
Susan augments her corporate focus with investment management industry experience that encompasses counseling clients on regulatory and compliance matters related to the organization, registration and operation of investment companies and investment advisers. Susan also has experience counseling business enterprises after privacy and data security incidents.
Susan served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Michael H. Watson of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio while attending law school.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Yale Swimming and Diving Alumni Association, Board Member
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a large conglomerate in its acquisition of three major franchisors in the automobile service sector in separate transactions.
- Represented registered investment company in a merger transaction.
- Represented several middle-market private equity funds on M&A transactions and related equity and debt financings involving portfolio companies across the US.
- Prepared private placement memoranda for private funds for the sale of partnership interests.
- Represented various clients in connection with registration as investment advisers and broker-dealers.