Sid’s clients operate across the cutting-edge industries that support and power U.S. commerce, including transportation, construction materials, manufacturing, semiconductors, and financial institutions. He is a partner in the Corporate & Securities Group and Co-Chair of the Public Company Advisors Team, and his leadership is part of why clients rely on Sid’s counsel. He focuses his practice on the representation of public companies in securities transactions, including offerings of debt and equity securities, tender offers, and exchange offers, as well as mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. Sid also counsels clients with respect to ongoing SEC compliance and related corporate governance matters, investor relations and disclosure issues, and shareholder proposals and engagement. His practice also includes handling general corporate matters for private companies, including advice on corporate governance and financing issues.
Sid’s involvement in Firm matters, including leadership of the Womble Inclusion Network (WIN) and service on the Diversity and Professionalism Committees, as well as other community organizations and activities, earned him recognition as a Charlotte Business Journal 2017 “40 Under 40” award winner.
Sid also serves on the Board of Directors of GCSolutions, a division of Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP offering affordable, scalable services staffed by highly qualified attorneys, from providing a “legal help desk” to scaling-up a team for a high-volume project.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Chair, Womble Inclusion Network (WIN)
- Member, Firm Diversity Committee
- Member, Firm Professionalism Committee
- Chairman of the Board, Past President (2017-2019), Charlotte Asian Pacific American Bar Association (CAPABA)
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Member, South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- Heart Math Tutoring
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the North Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Securities and Corporate Finance, Business/Corporate (2020 – 2021)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) Best Under 40 (2019)
- Selected for inclusion in IFLR1000 (2019)
- Charlotte Business Journal 40 Under 40 (2017)
- Bar Leadership Institute, Mecklenburg County Bar (2014)
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented leading trucking company in corporate, securities and executive compensation matters.
- Represented leading provider of core technologies and radio frequency (RF) solutions for mobile, infrastructure and aerospace/defense applications in its $1.0 billion offering of senior notes under Rule 144 under the Securities Act and Regulation S under the Securities Act, and subsequent offer to exchange such senior notes for registered senior notes having substantially identical terms
- Represented designer and manufacturer of high-performance RF solutions in its $1.6 billion merger of equals with a provider of RF solutions and foundry services for communications, defense and aerospace companies.
- Represented leading supplier of construction aggregates and major producer of construction materials in $1.0 billion, $400 million and $350 million offerings of senior notes and tender offer for $200 million of outstanding notes.
- Represented global technology company in $1.2 billion tender offer for global provider of innovative technology and services to hospitality and retail industries.
- Represented bank holding company in $160 million merger and initial public offering of common stock.
- Represented bank holding company in $299 million merger of equals to create largest community bank in North Carolina.