Stephen joined Womble Bond Dickinson in January 2019 after having spent twelve years working in-house, formerly with NATS and then with BAE Systems. Stephen was previously Senior Counsel to the Maritime Services division of BAE Systems. Prior to his in-house career, Stephen spent six years working with a major private practice law firm.
During his career Stephen has worked on a very wide range of commercial bids and agreements including:
- bids for government contracts (in relation to both UK and overseas customers)
- teaming and collaboration agreements
- procurement framework agreements
- outsourcing arrangements
- confidentiality agreements
- software/intellectual property licences; and
- university research / studentship agreements.
- Advised Brittany Ferries on the amendment and termination of their Brexit-related freight capacity purchase agreements with the Department for Transport.
Prior to working for Womble Bond Dickinson, Stephen was:
- lead counsel for the Maritime Support Delivery Framework Contract concerning the support of HM Naval Base, Portsmouth, and the Portsmouth Flotilla
- lead counsel for the Type 45 Power Improvement Project; and
- lead counsel for the 'Intelligent Bridging' contract for the in-service support of the Royal Navy’s Type 45 Destroyers.