Scott is a litigator who represents and advises clients facing a wide range of disputes, including arbitrations, litigation, and regulatory enforcement actions. Scott assists clients through diligent understanding of their industry, their needs in a particular case, and the law.
Scott serves clients in the education, health, retail, tourism, conservation, insurance, and financial sectors.
Scott graduated cum laude from Duke University School of Law. Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Scott worked as an attorney in the Duke University Office of Counsel.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Litigation - Labor & Employment (2021 - Present) and Commercial Litigation (2022 - Present)
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Respond to inquiries, threatened action, and active litigation involving enforcement authorities and regulatory agencies with respect to clients in several industries, including education and financial services.
- Litigate disputes between employers and employees in federal and state courts, arbitrations, and before federal agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board.
- Represent companies responding to a Motion for Temporary Restraining Order threatening to shut down the business.
- Represent clients before state licensure authorities, including the University of North Carolina Licensure unit and the North Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banks.