Sarah specialises in debt recovery. She deals with all aspects of debt recovery and dispute resolution, specifically dealing with insolvency proceedings. Sarah's main client is an international financial services company and is lead paralegal. The matters include indemnity commission debts for Individual Financial Advisers and Appointed Representatives, salary overpayments, mortgage shortfall and annuity.
As well as this Sarah supervises paralegal debt recovery team. She provides support to the team to manage workloads and provide technical advice. She also takes the role of lead paralegal for a number of clients to ensure that service standards and client expectations are met, and acts as a point of contact for the client.
Sarah joined the debt recovery team in 2002 and has gained a specialist qualification in debt recovery with the University of Strathclyde.
- Advising an international financial services company on a Legal charge with a value of in excess of £500K being wrongly removed. Dealing with representations and successfully having charge re-instated and recovering costs
- An application to set aside Judgment following service of a statutory demand, to include preparation of representations, dealing with and instructing counsel. Successfully having application dismissed and recovering costs
- Drafting, issuing and defending claims, for both small and fast track matters
- Preparing and issuing of insolvency proceedings by way of statutory demands, bankruptcy and winding up
- Providing in-house training to assist the internal team with knowledge of process and procedure.