Sarah is a banking and consumer protection lawyer with jury and bench trial experience in individual and class action claims. She represents financial institutions in consumer protection and general banking actions in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. Sarah also advises her clients on regulatory compliance.
In addition to her litigation practice, Sarah represents and counsels businesses and non-profits on contract drafting and negotiation, preparing organizational documents and handling labor and employment matters.
Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Sarah clerked for a trial judge in the Circuit Court for Harford County and worked for nearly eight years at Treanor Pope & Hughes, P.A. as a litigation associate.
- American Bar Association, Business Lawyers Section, Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Maryland Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- DC Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America’s Ones to Watch (BL Rankings) in the fields of Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Litigation, 2021
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Successfully defended as First Chair a national bank in jury trial on consumer protection and lending claims. Served as Second Chair in jury trial involving a commercial contract dispute. Tried numerous bench trials as First Chair on banking and consumer protection actions.
- Defended financial institutions against claims asserting violations of state and federal consumer protection laws including but not limited to, FDCPA, ECOA, RESPA, TILA, FCRA, GLBA, MCPA, MMFPA, MCDCA, CLEC etc. arising from installment contracts, credit cards, and mortgage loans.
- Represented national banks in claims relating to financial privacy and Ponzi scheme litigation as well as claims arising under the UCC and EFTA.
- Independently represented clients in other complex business and commercial litigation through appeal.
- Participated in the defense of statewide and nationwide consumer protection class actions and advised institutional clients on strategy for proceeding through trial and identifying systemic exposure.