Sam specialises in advising various stakeholders in relation to distressed businesses, charities and providers of public services; especially in scenarios with a continuity of supply requirement or which involve complex stakeholder management.
He is a qualified insolvency practitioner (non-practising) and has 18 months' experience in a non-legal banking role within the business support team of a major clearing bank.
He has particular experience in the education, healthcare and technology sectors.
Examples of experience include advising:
- On the first ever education administrations (a special administration regime for further education colleges)
- Advising various stakeholders in relation to financially distressed academies, independent schools, FE colleges and higher education providers
- The board of a care home operator which was subject to the first ever Stage 6 notice issued by the CQC's Market Oversight Team
- The Chinese buyer of LK Bennett out of administration
- National Corporate Housing, the US buyer of the EMEA and APAC business of a large serviced accommodation which was in administration
- A large international clothing supplier in relation to a multi-million pound retention of title claim against a large national retailer.
"He provided practical application of well-founded legal knowledge and timely support when required."
"Sam is very good to work with. His strengths include commerciality, pragmatism, speed of response, availability and an understanding of our business needs."