Cal is a Partner in our Winston-Salem office. He is an experienced litigator, having tried dozens of jury trials in state and federal courts, and numerous non-jury matters, including many declaratory judgment trials. For the past ten years his practice has primarily focused on: insurance coverage litigation; providing insurance coverage opinions; FINRA arbitrations; and major class action cases.
He has defended Products Liability Actions against manufacturers and sellers of allegedly defective products including pharmaceuticals, automobiles, yachts, motorcycles, cranes, furniture, household items, dyes, food products, building and construction supplies, toys, and sporting equipment.
Cal has spent decades litigating on behalf of the construction industry, representing clients in construction defect cases and defending construction companies on behalf of the firm’s insurance company clients.
His diverse experience also includes: directors’ and officers’ liability coverage and litigation; cyberinsurance coverage; ERISA litigation; commercial arbitration; FINRA arbitration; aviation litigation; fiduciary litigation; claims related to stock purchase agreements; EMTALA investigations; and defending errors and omissions claims against insurance agents and brokers.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in the Phen-Fen litigation in North Carolina.
- Represented American Medical Systems in pelvic mesh multi-district litigation.
- Represented the Home Insurance Company as national coordinating counsel for environmental coverage litigation involving over 100 pollution sites in eight states.
- Represented Triad Guaranty in mortgage insurance litigation.
- Represented condominium owners in a large construction defect case against the general contractor, architect and the various subcontractors.