*Melissa Holt is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
Missie is the Manager of Litigation Support for Medical and Scientific Solutions of Womble Bond Dickinson. With over 20 years of experience she has extensive knowledge of the complexities of record collection and maintenance. Missie regularly advises law firms throughout the US on complicated HIPAA compliance issues, as well as helping them draft collection sharing agreements and pleadings in disputes with adverse counsel. Her team has managed the collection and maintenance of hundreds of thousands of pages of medical, military, employment, insurance, criminal and government records as well as the collection, protection, and dissemination of physical evidence.
Missie is also integral to the development of medical exhibits for her clients’ trial counsel and is regularly consulted on the use of exhibits in the courtroom.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
For RAI, manages all medical, military and crucial record collection in thousands of cases throughout the US.
- Assisted in development of protocols with the outside vendors for collection, preservation and maintenance of records and physical evidence.
- Advises national and local defense counsel, on the drafting of agreements for sharing of records, as well as pleadings when disputes arise with adverse parties over collection issues.
Directs and manages record collection in a wide range of litigation including:
- Asbestos defense for major tire manufacturer, and other automakers.
- Black lung defense for a mining company.
- Lead paint defense for two manufacturers.
- Personal injury defense for a trucking company, a private pension, governmental agencies and insurers.
- Legionnaire’s disease defense for a construction company.