As a corporate and securities associate, Laura focuses her practice on helping technology and government contracting companies with general corporate guidance and transactional support, primarily within mergers and acquisitions. In this regard, Laura has assisted companies, investors and individuals in emerging and middle markets, public and private sectors, domestically and internationally, with both buy- and sell-side transactions.
Laura is adept at helping companies with corporate structures, federal and state securities compliance, board of director duties, dispute resolution, licensing and joint venture agreements, among others.
Laura received her JD from the University of Virginia Law School, and BA in Spanish and Sociology from Wake Forest University, where she graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. She began her law career as a Summer Associate for Womble Bond Dickinson, after completing a Judicial Internship for the US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina under Judge Thomas Schroeder.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Part of the founding team to use artificial intelligence software in our firm to streamline the due diligence process.
- Substantial familiarity with alcohol and tobacco rebate laws nation-wide.
- Part of the team that represented a big-data technology company with its sale to a private equity investor, valued at $1.5 billion.
- Part of team that represented a medical technology company with $16 million equity financing.
- Part of team that represented a venture capital firm in a $4.4 million investment in a technology company that sells primarily to the federal government.