Kurt Lindquist is a highly trusted advisor who helps clients with dispute resolution issues in the United States and around the world. A highly experienced trial lawyer, clients come to Kurt for advice and assistance in resolving conflicts concerning commercial matters including licensing agreements, supplier agreements, noncompetition agreements misappropriation of trade secrets as well as public law issues concerning claims of expropriation and breaches of bilateral investment treaties.
Kurt regularly participates as an advocate in international disputes and as an advocate and arbitrator in domestic arbitrations. Growing his practice along with the booming global economy, Kurt has been asked to and has represented some of the largest commercial manufacturers (both private and public) in the world in commercial arbitrations venued in Frankfurt, Geneva, Paris, New York, Singapore, Washington DC and Zurich. Kurt has represented foreign sovereigns in international investment disputes and he has represented clients in arbitral regimes including: the International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”); International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (“ICSID”); the Permanent Court of Arbitration (“PCA”); the Swiss Chambers Arbitration Institution (“SCAI”); and, the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”).
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented the government of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic against alleged $1 billion dollar expropriation claim under the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (“ICSID”). The government settled the investment claims with claimant without payment. Claimant filed a material breach application of the settlement within one month of the settlement. The merits of claimant’s application took place in April 2015, where all claims were dismissed and the settlement remained in force.
- Prosecuted a breach of contract case and defended against counter-claims valued by respondents at up to $500 million. The case fell under the auspices of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, with the merits hearing being held in February 2017.
- Obtained a $31 million award in an international arbitration administered by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) convened in Frankfurt on behalf of a German truck parts supplier. The award included all attorneys’ fees, interest and costs.
- Successfully defended the partnership in a joint venture dispute regarding manufacture and technical collaboration agreements between German and Japanese producers in the tire industry in an ICC arbitration venued in Geneva, Switzerland. WCSR 40714039v1
- Successfully filed and managed confirmation of foreign award under the New York Convention in US District Court for Massachusetts