Kurt’s clients benefit from his confidence and tenacious drive. The breadth of his experience as a young lawyer has enabled Kurt, many years later, to handle a wide array of mass tort claims and litigation and consistently achieve his clients’ objectives -- whether through a jury verdict, judge’s order, or out of court resolution. Kurt’s clients have also reaped the benefit of his hard won knowledge from appearances in courtrooms and proceedings all across the United States, having taken more than ten different cases to a jury verdict in the last six years.
In addition to being a highly-regarded mass tort trial lawyer, Kurt leads Womble Bond Dickinson’s Food, Beverage & Agriculture Team. He counsels agricultural product and consumer goods companies on labeling and marketing issues and provides guidance to food industry clients on such issues as food-borne illness responses and marketing to children.
Kurt is often called upon to use his analytical skills to provide clients with case valuation opinions in high-dollar cases (not being handled by Womble Bond Dickinson) involving possible damages as well as medical/scientific factors for litigation strategy, mediation/settlement benchmarking, and corporate reserve setting.
Kurt’s clients have global footprints and worldwide concerns including multinational companies such as R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Fresenius Medical Care, Eaton Corporation, and John Deere.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Obtaining either complete defense jury verdicts or nominal damages in seven Engle progeny personal injury trials across Florida in the past three years.
- Counseling global insurers, food retailers and supplement manufacturers on defensive strategies, expert retention and exposure risks involving consumer products and alleged injury claims.
- Representing a Fortune Global 500 medical services company in internal investigations, strategic defense options and potential liability assessments.
- Obtaining a $24 million sanctions award against Kansas City’s largest hospital system for discovery misconduct in the largest case ever tried in the Circuit Court for the City of St. Louis, Missouri.
- Obtaining a complete defense verdict for R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company in a business tort case brought by 37 Missouri hospitals claiming $477 million in unreimbursed healthcare costs plus punitive damages.