Krista is an Associate and specialises in a wide range of commercial property transactions.
Prior to joining the firm in April 2016, Krista completed her Training Contract at a regional firm. Krista was previously a paralegal at the firm in the Real Estate department in 2014.
Krista's focus is on finance and investment, landlord and tenant and commercial acquisitions and disposals.
Examples of experience include:
- A local university in the transfer of substations to an electricity distribution provider
- A financial services client on the property aspects of refinancing a site which comprised common land, including advice about a boundary discrepancy
- A local company on the grant of new commercial leases
- A local authority in respect of their portfolio of investment properties, including the enforceability of restrictive covenants affecting some of its land and various landlord and tenant matters such as lease renewals, surrenders and granting licences to assign and carry out works
- An international public limited company on the grant of an easement in respect of a gas pipe to a utility provider.
"We are immensely grateful to Krista and the whole team at Bond Dickinson for their support in securing the lease for our charity shop. The transaction was handled with the highest level of professionalism and the whole process felt seamless. We are delighted with the successful outcome and to be opening our very first charity shop."
"Some may say job done and paid for but you did it with such a human touch. Thank you for dealing with our matter with such care and compassion. We are truly grateful."
"The lease negotiated by and secured by Krista McCarthy provides us with a base for the next 21 years, enabling the organisation to continue it's vital work with children. It has been a great pleasure working with Krista and we felt in very safe and competent hands, confident that we were receiving the very best advice and representation."