Kim Justus is an experienced attorney who has counseled clients on a broad range of real estate projects. Her practice is focused on representing banks, life insurance companies, credit unions and other financial institutions in real estate-secured commercial lending matters and on representing real estate clients with all aspects of acquisition, financing, development and leasing. Having begun her career representing developers of office and residential projects, Kim gained valuable insights into the needs of developers and real estate end-users. She has transitioned that early experience into her representation of lenders, which allows her to identify issues and assess risk in an effort to seek pragmatic solutions. Her representation of lenders includes drafting and negotiating loan documents, assisting clients with all stages of due diligence and closing construction and permanent real estate-secured financing transactions.
Her representation of developer and real estate end-user clients includes extensive experience in commercial leasing, representing landlords and tenants in negotiating leases for office, retail, branch banking and industrial and warehouse space and in assisting hospital and health care providers in leasing facility space.
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Real Property Section; Wake County Bar Association, Real Property Section
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Real Estate Law, 2019 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a national life insurance company in a loan facility in excess of $150 million which involved multiple loans secured by industrial properties in various states.
- Represented a national life insurance company in a $40 million portfolio loan secured by industrial properties.
- Represented a national life insurance company in a $21 million loan secured by an apartment development.
- Represented a national life insurance company in the workout of a $100 million loan secured by an office building, which involved the foreclosure and sale of the building after foreclosure.
- Represented a major regional bank and its affiliates in leasing or acquiring office and branch banking space.
- Represented a regional office developer in all leasing matters.