For more than 30 years, Kim Mann has built trusting relationships with her banking clients, managing risk and developing pragmatic solutions to ever changing industry and economic challenges. She takes a proprietary interest in her clients’ matters and is extremely responsive to their needs. She understands the demands of the highly competitive banking industry and knows how to efficiently and effectively lead her team of dedicated attorneys and professionals to deliver exceptional client service every day, and for every deal, no matter the size, complexity or challenges. For Kim, success is measured solely by the success of her clients and their customers.
As a partner in the firm’s Financial Institutions and Real Estate sectors, Kim has advised national and regional banks in a wide variety of secured and unsecured financings, but her depth of knowledge and breadth of experience derive from years of leading complex commercial real estate construction financings of all project types throughout the United States, and on occasion, in the United Kingdom. She and her team have closed acquisition, construction and infrastructure development loans, multi-state real estate portfolio fixed asset and revolving credit facilities, syndicated commercial real estate construction and portfolio loans, unsubordinated fee ground lease financings, financings to government leased facilities, tenant in common structured loans, and tax advantaged and economic incentives financings.
Civic and Professional Activities
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 1987.
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Member: American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Section; North Carolina Bar Association; Forsyth County Bar Association; North Carolina State Bar, 21st Judicial District
- United Way of Forsyth County Board of Directors
- Winston-Salem Alliance Board of Directors
- Wells Fargo Advisory Board
Honors and Awards
- Chambers USA 2018 Ranked Lawyer, Real Estate Finance, North Carolina
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Banking and Finance Law, Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law, Real Estate Law, 2016 - Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented national bank as lead lender and administrative agent in a $212 million syndicated credit facility secured by seven multifamily properties in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee.
- Represented national bank as lead counsel in a series of construction loans aggregating over $124 million for big box retail facilities in Georgia, Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
- Represented national bank as lead lender and administrative agent in two simultaneous close construction loans for multi-family, office and retail mixed use developments in Raleigh and Charlotte North Carolina aggregating $110.6 million.
- Represented international bank as lead counsel in loan and letter of credit financing for acquisition of large tenant-occupied commercial building in Rosebank, Livingston, Scotland.
- Represented national bank as lead counsel in a $50 million multi-phased construction financing for master development infrastructure for resort living, permanent residences, hotel, golf course, and other community amenities on over 1,400 acres of undeveloped historically preserved lands in South Carolina.
- Represented national bank as lead counsel in a $51 million construction loan for a master-planned manufacturing, warehouse and logistics park in North and South Carolina.