*Kim Beane is not authorized to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
Kim Beane serves as the Medical and Scientific Solutions team's client liaison for clients engaged in mass tort litigation. She is adept at evaluating complex issues and developing proactive and creative solutions. She has decades of experience assessing legal and scientific data from multiple sources and effectively communicating findings, facts, and suggested courses of action to clients and their trial lawyers. She has experience in class action and multi-district litigation across the US and is currently focused on the defense of RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co. in personal injury/wrongful death cases. In that role, she coordinates the provision of medical work product and scientific research and collaborates with others for the ongoing development of logistics by Medical and Scientific Solutions, a secure website in which medical records and related work product can be accessed for litigation purposes.
Kim is a graduate of Vanderbilt University and Wake Forest University School of Law.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- In diet drug litigation, oversaw an adverse drug event (ADE) report review identifying alleged neurotoxic responses to treatment and coordinated collection of medical records for over 3,500 plaintiffs across 10+ states; records accessed on Logistics by over 15 law firms.
- In litigation by prisoners against a correctional facility client, created “At-a-Glance” reports for quick reference at meetings and depositions; reports identified key biographical information on prisoner claimants, summarized medical claims and were accessed online via Logistics.
- In hormone therapy litigation, provided medical chronologies, “Plaintiff-at-a-Glance” reports, and record collection services for over 10 pharmaceutical companies in multi-district litigation.
- For a freight shipping client, customized Logistics into a litigation management system featuring access to pleadings, transcripts, and reports, as well as a calendaring and task assignment system.
- For RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co., developed and implemented an analytical and instructive think piece of claim-related data that enables attorneys to quickly and easily identify cases for early resolution.