Keith concentrates his practice in product liability litigation, construction law and litigation, and business litigation. He has represented manufacturers of a variety of products in matters of national scope, including construction materials, roofing, siding, lighters, and agricultural chemicals.
Keith’s experience includes the national coordination, management, and defense of complex multistate, multi-district litigation. He has filled significant leadership roles in mass tort litigation, multiforum maters and class actions, including development of scientific, medical and technical experts, and implementation of complex action plans, budgets and case management protocols. He has significant trial and mediation experience including more than 50 jury trials and appeals.
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Board of Directors (1989-92)
- The Best Lawyers In America
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended manufacturer of roofing shingles in litigation spread across 11 states referred to a Multi- District Litigation.
- Served as National Defense Counsel for manufacturers of exterior siding products in defense of 19 class actions and over 1000 individual lawsuits throughout the US and in the MDL, involving various building types including motels, hotels, condominiums, restaurants, shopping centers, industrial facilities, and residences.
- Served as Regional Counsel for manufacturer of single ply roofing systems, defending lawsuits throughout the southeast United States, including multiple cases involving building collapses, and other cases involving issues relating to design, marketing, performance, and suitability of single ply roofing systems.
- Defended architects and engineers in litigation involving hotels, courthouses, jails, wastewater and sewage treatment plants, paper digester facility, manufacturing and industrial facilities, schools, offices, and churches.
- Defended manufacturer of agricultural chemical against multiple lawsuits and claims involving alleged crop damage.