Joseph has broad experience dealing with all aspects of real estate including commercial and residential development projects, real estate finance and corporate support.
His development experience encompasses both the acquisition and disposal of residential development sites from small scale multi-unit sites to large developments for national housebuilders, and commercial development for retail, leisure and industrial uses. These transactions involved the use of options, conditional contracts subject to planning, overage agreements, planning agreements and complicated title investigation.
This development experience compliments his practice dealing with real estate finance matters where he is regularly involved in acting for borrowers and lenders with development finance, investment finance or short term bridging finance. Joseph has acted on behalf of major high street lenders, challenger banks as well as bespoke property finance providers. Joseph's investment experience is broad as he has acted on the real estate elements for both buyers and sellers on asset sales or share purchase agreements for domestic and international investors.
- Development of residential property including sites benefiting from permitted development as office to residential conversions and general development of sites;
- Development of commercial property;
- Purchase and sale of hotel portfolios and single hotel assets;
- Purchase and sale of offices, retail units and leisure facilities;
- Asset management relating to leases, alterations and assignments of service station properties as well as retail units located in major UK towns.
- Major UK Banks – providing reports on title or CLLS certificates of title, security documents and dealing with loans for development finance up to £20m and Investment finance up to £10m;
- Property Finance Lenders – providing assistance in preparing precedent security documentation, reports on title or CLLS certificates of title, security documents and dealing with loans for development finance up to £5m;
- Bridging Finance – preparing standard suite of security documents, bridging finance transaction assistance for loans up to £1m where timescales were often very tight.