Jonathan Engram concentrates his trial practice on the defense of product liability cases. He is a member of the firm’s Mass Torts Practice Group and is based in the Winston-Salem office. Jonathan was named a 2006 North Carolina Super Lawyer.
Jonathan has significant civil trial experience, including thirty-five jury trials, seven of which took at least three weeks to try. He has represented manufacturers and retailers in the following industries: tobacco, automobile, motorcycle helmet, bicycle helmet, bicycle, chemical, firearm, all-terrain vehicle, construction equipment, industrial battery, medical device, and health care. Jonathan has advised clients with respect to investigations and recalls initiated by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. He has also defended clients in class action litigation.
Jonathan and his wife Sally live in Winston-Salem and have two sons, Hewitt, a vice president with a private equity firm in New York City, and Hamilton, an internal auditor with a bank in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Civic and Professional Activities
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Sections
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- The Florida Bar
- State Bar of Georgia, Products Liability and Insurance law Sections
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, Board of Trustees, The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 2007 to present
- Member of the Vestry, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 2004 to 2006
- Member, Rotary Club of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 1997 to present
- Member, Campaign Cabinet, United Way of Forsyth County, NC, 2006
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field(s) of Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, 2013 – Present
- Super Lawyers Honoree, 2006