Joanne is an associate in the real estate finance and investment team. She joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 1999 and qualified into the Real Estate Department in 2001.
Joanne specialises in property-related funding work, and acts for a range of regional and national lenders on development finance, funding and acquisition of commercial property portfolios, educational facilities and social housing schemes. Joanne deals with a wide range of general commercial property transactions including acquisitions, disposals and commercial leases. Joanne also deals with the property aspects of insolvency matters, acting for insolvency practitioners in a range of property disposals including conducting security reviews for banks and insolvency practitioners as a pre-appointment step.
- The Education Funding Agency in connection with a variety of transactions including the acquisition of freehold sites, long leases from local authorities, early access arrangements and licences to carry out works
- Lender in connection with loan facilities to various related borrower entities including a pension scheme and off-shore borrowers, secured by legal charges over commercial properties
- Registered Provider based in the North East in connection with facilities from institutional lenders secured by legal charges over its social housing stock
- Lender in connection with facilities to a Guernsey based company to fund the acquisition of a portfolio of high value commercial properties
- Commercial property investor in connection with loan facilities secured by a legal charge over a multi-let commercial property in Leeds City centre.