Jesse is a serious litigator with significant experience in complex business and estate matters. He regularly represents clients in high-stakes litigation involving contracts, business and regulatory disputes, judgment enforcement and defense, contested will and trust matters, and life insurance and disability insurance disputes. Jesse advocates for his clients in the North Carolina state trial and appellate courts, the North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings, all federal district and bankruptcy courts within North Carolina, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Jesse’s clients include both individuals and Fortune 500 companies operating in a wide variety of industries. He is deeply attuned to each of his client’s unique concerns.
Jesse is also passionate about technology and automation. He is constantly tinkering with ways to deliver his services more effectively and efficiently.
Before entering private practice, Jesse served as a research assistant for the widely-cited treatise, Williston on Contracts, and served as a summer clerk for the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Jesse brings a unique perspective to his practice. He grew up in Africa as the son of missionaries. Later, as an officer in the U.S. Navy, he deployed four times to strategically important locations around the world, including the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Cuba. He continues to serve as a reservist within the Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, and Litigation - Trusts & Estates, 2021 - Present
- Selected to the North Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Business Litigation, Creditor Debtor Rights, Estate & Trust Litigation, 2018 – 2021
Prior Legal Experience
- Research Assistant, Williston on Contracts 4th Ed., 2010-2011
- Summer Clerk, Justice Paul Newby, North Carolina Supreme Court, 2011
- Summer Associate, Womble Bond Dickinson, 2011