Jason focuses his practice in all aspects of IP matters including licensing, litigation support, and corporate due diligence for a broad range of industries, such as software, social networking, mobile applications, digital entertainment, hardware, life sciences, and biosimilars.
Jason develops global patent strategies and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patent applications for a broad range of companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 international companies. These companies cover various technology fields including mobile and computer software, health science, digital health, medical devices, biotechnology, Internet of Things devices, optics, sensors, image processing, digital entertainment, streaming, content delivery networks, semiconductors, storage solutions, navigation, artificial intelligence, big data and machine learning, social networking, Fintech, payments, digital currency, vision and 3D graphics, virtual reality, LEDs, e-commerce, cloud computing, anti-virus software, and wireless telecommunications.
Jason concentrates his practice on IP matters with an emphasis on patent procurement, strategic planning, counseling, due diligence and litigation. Additionally, Jason provides trademark consultation and registration services to clients.
Jason specializes in all aspects of IP matters including licensing, due diligence, PTAB, IPR, ITC, litigation support, IP infringement, freedom to operate, trade secret, IP compliance, privacy, data security, GDPR/CCPA/HIPAA compliance. Jason is also a recognized by the IAPP as a certified information privacy professional for the U.S. (CIPP/US).
Jason manages IP portfolios including patent prosecution, technology transfer, patent harvesting, IP portfolio planning, sales and acquisition.
Jason also assists emerging growth companies with formation, trademarks applications, employment, and day-to-day legal matters.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- Guest Lecturer, National Chengchi University’s Executive MBA
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional – United States (CIPP/US)
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) Grade 8 (finale) Certificate, Violin
Honors and Awards
- First Place Winner, Wharton Business Plan Competition
- Third Place, Shark Tank round of the Rice Business Plan Competition in Houston
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Developing global patent strategies and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications for Fortune 100 companies.
- Prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent and trademark applications for numerous start-up companies.
- Managing IP portfolios including technology transfer, patent harvesting, IP (Copyrights, Trademarks and Patents) portfolio planning, sales and acquisition.