Jasmine focuses her practice on representing individuals and organizations in complex civil litigation, bankruptcies, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Her cases have included, among others, contract, employment, business tort, insurance, government contract, corporate governance, land use/property, and construction disputes.
Jasmine maintains an active pro bono practice. Most recently, she has represented incarcerated individuals in parole proceedings before the U.S. Parole Commission and defended Central American refugees in immigration removal proceedings. Jasmine also regularly serves as a judge at undergraduate and law school trial advocacy competitions.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented Official Committee of Tort Claimants and Future Claimants Representative in Chapter 11 bankruptcies to preserve and recover insurance proceeds for the benefit of personal injury claimants.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of condominium association in structural defect litigation in D.C.
- Represented an insured bank in arbitration proceedings to pursue insurance coverage under D&O policy.
- Negotiated buyout for a member of a closely held company in the midst of a contentious intracorporate dispute.
- Obtained summary dismissal of a claim in a case involving issues of first impression in Virginia regarding the subordination of multiple liens on property
- Represented a high profile client in litigation involving claims for indemnification from his former employer.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of clients in Maryland and Virginia in state court in contract disputes.
- Obtained a favorable settlement of a corporate shareholder dispute involving numerous business torts, including conspiracy and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a government contractor in federal employment litigation involving claims for discrimination and retaliation.
- Represented young immigrants fleeing persecution in Honduras and Guatemala on account of their sexual orientation in relief from removal proceedings.