Jasmine is an experienced litigation and dispute resolution attorney who advises clients in complex disputes at the federal and state level. She has represented clients in a wide range of matters, including cases involving high-value contract disputes, business torts, employment disputes, claims for misappropriation of trade secrets, shareholder disputes, construction defect claims, insurance coverage disputes, federal criminal allegations, whistleblower complaints, internal investigations and compliance, and bankruptcy claw back proceedings. Jasmine guides clients through each phase of the dispute resolution process - from initial case assessment to resolution - and is adept at navigating the complexities associated with large commercial cases.
Jasmine maintains an active pro bono practice. Most recently, she has represented incarcerated individuals in parole proceedings before the U.S. Parole Commission and defended Central American refugees in immigration removal proceedings. Jasmine also regularly serves as a judge at undergraduate and law school trial advocacy competitions.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Obtained a favorable outcome in a federal mandamus lawsuit filed on behalf of an EB-5 applicant.
- Successfully defended motions for preliminary injunction and a lawsuit filed against an unincorporated US territory related to COVID-19 restrictions and policies.
- Represented a critical defense infrastructure supplier in a FCA qui tam matter, which settled for $500,000 with no admission of liability for alleged damages of $29 million.
- Represented a defendant involving Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) fraud allegations.
- Obtained dismissal of a federal lawsuit involving claims of misappropriation of trade secrets brought against a biotechnology company and its directors; dismissal was affirmed by the Federal Circuit.
- Won summary dismissal of Title VII and Section 1983 claims brought against a major defense contractor in federal court.
- Represented Official Committee of Tort Claimants and Future Claimants Representative in Chapter 11 bankruptcies to preserve and recover insurance proceeds for the benefit of personal injury claimants.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of condominium association in structural defect litigation in D.C.
- Represented an insured bank in arbitration proceedings to pursue insurance coverage under D&O policy.
- Negotiated buyout for a member of a closely held company in the midst of a contentious intracorporate dispute.
- Obtained summary dismissal of a claim in a case involving issues of first impression in Virginia regarding the subordination of multiple liens on property
- Represented a high profile client in litigation involving claims for indemnification from his former employer.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of clients in Maryland and Virginia in state court in contract disputes.
- Obtained a favorable settlement of a corporate shareholder dispute involving numerous business torts, including conspiracy and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a government contractor in federal employment litigation involving claims for discrimination and retaliation.
- Represented young immigrants fleeing persecution in Honduras and Guatemala on account of their sexual orientation in relief from removal proceedings.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (Thompson Reuters) (2022-2023)