Jake prides himself on being solutions-oriented and delivering practical advice to his clients, crediting this mindset to his career prior to law school where he worked as a manager in the corporate and investment bank of one of the largest US-based banks.
Jake’s experience largely includes working on M&A transactions – both buy-side and sell-side, as well as domestic and cross-border. Such transactions take the form of stock purchases, asset purchases, recapitalizations (majority and minority), joint ventures and other corporate transactions. Jake works closely with private equity firms, business owners and management teams on these transactions. Additionally, Jake regularly works with companies as general outside counsel on corporate governance matters.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a leading US growth-capital private equity firm in various investments, recapitalizations and divestitures.
- Represented several private equity-backed portfolio companies in roll-up acquisitions, spinouts and as general counsel.
- Represented international company in the immersive entertainment industry.
- Represented private aviation company in a de-SPAC transaction with a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Robo-Advisers Jumping on the Bandwagon: Yet Another Cry for a Uniform Standard, 97 N.C. L. Rev. 673 (2019)
- SEC Expands Definition of Accredited Investor, National Law Review. Co-authors: D. Scott Anderson, Sudhir N. Shenoy and Jane Jeffries Jones (September 2020)
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Corporate Law, 2022-2023