Jay’s career is defined by helping clients navigate through heavy weather. His experience and judgment in the most demanding of business crises provides assurance in board rooms when upheaval and uncertainty are the norm. Jay works closely with clients’ executive teams and their boards to find and create options when none are readily apparent.
For over twenty-five years Jay has served as lead litigation counsel in a wide range of technology, licensing, trade secret and other business cases in federal and state courts across the country. He’s led internal investigations for US and international companies in numerous complex technology and financial matters.
Jay serves as the co-leader of the Firm’s Technology Sector.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Numerous cases on behalf of both software developers and software licensees prosecuting and defending against licensing, fraud, breach of contract, copyright and trade secrets claims.
- Internal investigations of IP theft and infringement issues.
- Internal and regulatory investigations representing limited partners of private equity partnerships and similar investment entities.
- Defense of an independent research company regarding purported rescission of title to patent portfolio and inventorship issues.
- Defense of a large financial institution accused of fraud and misappropriation of trade secrets in connection with its procurement and bidding practices.