Graeme represents clients in a wide range of industries including real estate, resort and hospitality, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, information technology and banking and finance with their tax and corporate issues. He has significant experience on the international tax aspects of inbound, outbound and joint venture transactions. As a member of the Firm’s Public Company Advisors Team, he also regularly advises clients on tax issues involved in public offerings and regulatory compliance matters. He also devotes a substantial portion of his practice assisting economic development clients with the tax aspects of their expansion and relocation projects as part of Firm’s Economic Development Team.
Graeme has a financial background that allows him to connect with the business needs of clients and is a North Carolina Certified Public Accountant.
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Charleston Class of 2007
- Member, Charleston Tax Council
- Member, Tax, Estate Planning and Probate Sections, South Carolina Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Member, Charleston Estate Planning Council
The Best Lawyers in America
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representation of a financial institution on tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of a manufacturing client with transfer pricing issues, including cost sharing arrangements for ownership of intellectual property.
- Representation of a foreign, publicly traded company in the acquisition of US operations of competitor.
- Representation of a developer in the development and historic tax credit financing of hotel and commercial properties.
- Representation of a media company in structuring several joint ventures in restricted foreign ownership markets.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company on the tax aspects of relocation project including assisting with the negotiating and structuring of economic development incentives.