George is an experienced and pragmatic finance lawyer who represents large US and foreign banks and other financial institutions, as well as public and private borrowers, in all aspects of commercial lending transactions, including cash flow, asset-based and mezzanine transactions, construction loans, reorganizations and workouts, acquisitions, cross-border, and other leveraged financings. He has substantial knowledge of syndicated and single lender credit facilities, first lien/second lien and subordinated debt facilities. George has also represented real estate developers and institutional investors in property acquisition, disposition and development.
Prior to beginning his legal career, George was a Senior Loan Consultant with HomeTrust Mortgage Corporation, where he participated in complex investor negotiations and analyzed loan programs on behalf of the company. He also served as a Loan Officer and Senior Marketing Specialist/Team Coordinator with Pioneer Financial Services, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Real Estate Law, 2021
- Selected to the Georgia Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Banking, Real Estate, Business/Corporate, 2009
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representation of a large U.S. bank as lead agent in connection with a $160,000,000 syndicated non-recourse construction loan facility to a real estate developer and equity investors, including a pension fund. The project is comprised of a number of retail establishments as well as residential condominiums with an affordable housing component.
- Representation of a major regional bank in a mezzanine loan transaction in connection with a 122 unit, five-story condominium development with 93 marina slips.
- Representation of a major super-regional bank in the forbearance and eventual foreclosure of a loan secured by an Atlanta office building.
- Representation of a major bank, as senior lender, in negotiating an intercreditor agreement involving a $55,000,000 mezzanine loan.
- Representation of a major super-regional bank in connection with a $30,000,000 construction loan facility. The project is comprised of a 220,000 square foot office building for a major telecommunications company.
- Representation of a major bank, as administrative agent, in connection with a successful workout of a $40,000,000 syndicated asset-based loan facility secured by multi-state collateral.
- Representation of a major super-regional bank in connection with a $16,000,000 loan facility collateralized by approximately 2,400 tractor trailers.
- Representation of a major bank in connection with a $24,000,000 construction loan facility. The project is comprised of a multi-family housing project encumbered by a leasehold deed of trust.
- Representation of a large U.S. bank in connection with an acquisition and development loan secured by a leasehold mortgage. The site is subject to a ground lease with the Airport Authority of an international airport.