Emma specialises in all areas of residential investment work particularly in relation to Central London properties. She has dealt with numerous large-scale portfolio acquisitions and disposals for residential investment and development organizations including Southern Residential Limited, Terrace Hill, Akelius Residential Limited and Grainger Plc. She is also familiar with all aspects of enfranchisement transactions.
As private rented housing increasingly becomes the tenure of choice the establishment of PRS as an asset class has given rise to significant opportunities for investors and their advisors alike. Emma has been involved in this sector for over 15 years and during that time has advised all levels of investors from individuals to listed companies. Her expertise in this area includes advising on all types of residential tenancies from 1977 Rent Act tenancies to leases of live/work units and the planning maze associated with them.
Over the past 12 months she has led teams made up of solicitors across the firm dealing with the sale and acquisition of in excess of 1,000 tenanted units.
- Acquisition by offshore trustees of a mixed portfolio of c.600 residential, commercial and live/work units for the sum of £205 million. Co-ordinating the team of fee earners and reporting to both the client and the bank’s solicitors in the form of London Law Society Certificates of Title
- Corporate support work on the acquisition of two companies and their assets comprising portfolios of 1000 and 250 units respectively. The portfolios were largely made up of retirement flats
- Purchase of 61 houses in prime central London for Grainger plc for £160m
- Acquisition of 207 residential units in central London for Akelius Residential Limited for the total consideration of £70.51m. Acting for the same client in connection with two office to residential conversion projects for £14.55m
- Co-ordinating the re-finance project of in excess of 1600 tenanted residential units for Grainger plc.