Emma has significant experience in providing strategic and commercial advice on employment law issues whether as day-to-day HR support or defending tribunal claims. She has provided employment advice to a wide range of employers in the private and public sectors including B&Q, Historic England, Post Office and Sainsbury's.
As part of the panel for a leading international insurance organisation, Emma has dealt with a large number of claims brought against the insured employers, achieving successful results, whether at tribunal hearings or by obtaining a withdrawal of the claim or agreeing a low settlement at an early stage.
In addition to Emma's contentious work, she advises on a wide range of employment matters including redundancies and restructures, mergers and acquisitions, employee shareholder status and drafting contracts, service agreements, policies and settlement agreements.
Emma is a regular speaker on a range of employment law issues. She provides in-house training to clients and their HR teams.
- Successfully defending a high value and complex claim for constructive dismissal, disability and sex discrimination against a Charity
- Advising a statutory levy board on TUPE issues relating to the existence of a service provision change
- Advising a social housing provider on a number of employment issues including restructures and redundancies, capability and conduct dismissals and settlement agreements
- Advising the Post Office on a range of employment issues including collective consultation and selection criteria
- Advising employers in the further and higher education sector on a range of issues including redundancies and mergers.
"A high degree of customer focus"
"Particular expertise in defending complex discrimination claims"