Claire is a fighter. She protects her clients from long reach of the government (both state and federal). Her 25+ years of experience fighting in the trenches of the criminal justice system has honed her litigation and negotiation skills. She has tried numerous cases, negotiated favorable resolutions and obtained dismissals. Several of her most complex matters have been resolved favorably without publicity or reputational damage to the client. She represents companies in grand jury investigations and related enforcement proceedings as well as witnesses and individual targets.
She also leads internal investigations assisting corporate clients in identifying and correcting problems while negotiating with enforcement authorities to attain the best result possible.
Besides aiding clients with criminal and civil enforcement issues, she also counsels and provides in-house training for clients in numerous compliance areas such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), anti-trust, government contracts, qui tam and false claims matters.
Claire’s expertise and reputation has been acknowledged as she is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, named in Chambers USA for Criminal White Collar Criminal defense, and ”2017 White Collar Attorney of the Year in Charlotte” by Best Lawyers in America.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented distributor of safety products in nation-wide anti-trust investigation. Investigation closed with no charges filed.
- Represented international manufacturer of medical supply devices in a government contract fraud investigation. No charges filed.
- Represented CFO of services company as a target in grand jury investigation into accounting fraud. Client not charged.
- Represented company employee as target in grand jury investigation of federal contract fraud by company and its employees. Target not charged
- Represented indicted employee in government fraud and obstruction indictment. All charges dismissed.