Chris provides practical advice to lenders in asset-based and real estate finance transactions. In addition, Chris frequently helps financial institutions, commercial mortgage-backed securities servicers and distressed debt investors efficiently resolve complex distressed loans, in and out of bankruptcy.
Chris’ broad base of finance and insolvency experience allows him to spot obstacles and adjust before they sink the deal.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Advise lenders on asset-based finance transactions with a variety of collateral types.
- Advise lender on commercial real estate loans secured by properties in various stages of development.
- Represented a sophisticated financial institution in work-out of distressed asset-based loan with obligors and collateral in the United States, England and Hong Kong.
- Represented a leading CMBS servicer in numerous foreclosures and receiverships throughout Southeastern United States for properties in the retail, office, hotel, industrial and storage sectors.
- Advised a construction aggregate producer as purchaser of real estate assets in sale pursuant to Bankruptcy Code § 363.
- Counsel a major manufacturing company about likely consequences in the event its vendors or business partners became insolvent or filed for bankruptcy.
- Defended numerous lenders and servicers in complex bankruptcy litigation.