Chris is a seasoned litigator who has spent his career defending clients against high stakes product liability and personal injury claims. Chris brings over two decades of experience to bear for his clients, having litigated cases throughout the United States, including New York, California, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri and Washington, D.C., in both federal and state courts. His clients know that he dives deeply into understanding their business and potential litigation risks. Chris is a trusted adviser who works with his clients to achieve the best outcome for them and their business.
Chris’ practice includes both individual and class action cases concerning product liability, personal injury and fraud claims with millions of dollars at stake in compensatory and punitive damages. He is well-versed in trial preparation, discovery issues, development of trial strategies, and examination of expert witnesses on scientific themes and cross-examination of technical experts. He has focused experience defending claims involving corporate conduct, product development and medical and health issues in the fields of addiction, biology, chemistry and toxicology.
Constantly looking to improve the firm and professional growth of others, Chris has long chaired various firm committees and is Chair-elect to the American Bar Association Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section’s Litigation and Trial Practice Committee. Chris also maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients through referrals from Legal Aid of North Carolina.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
Trial counsel defending R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company in Engle-progeny litigation involving claims for substantial product liability and personal injury damages:
- 2016 – Lesia Mooney, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Barbara June Meacham v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, et al., Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- 2014 – Dianne Webb, as Personal Representative of the Estate of James Cayce Horner v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Levy County, Florida.
- 2014 – Sherri Hubbird, as Personal Representative of the Estate of David Ellsworth v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- 2014 - Betty Ellis, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Clarence C. Ellis v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Leon County, Florida.
- 2013 – Thelma Aycock, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Richard Aycock v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, et al., Duval County, Florida.