Charlie is a finance lawyer based in London. He has extensive experience advising lenders (banks, development finance institutions, funds and other alternative lenders) and borrowers in developed and emerging markets (including within Africa).
He has advised across multiple sectors (including infrastructure, transport, energy, technology, pharmaceuticals, mining, commodities, retail and entertainment) on a broad range of finance transactions including syndicated corporate lending, acquisition finance, infrastructure and other project finance, private equity and funds finance, asset-based lending, trade finance, cross-border private placements and restructurings.
- A leading US technology lender based in the UK in relation to the £14 million secured multicurrency term and revolving facilities made available in connection with the acquisition by a multinational alternative asset manager a UK headquartered developer of visual effects (VFX) software
- A syndicate of African banks, London based international banks and a development finance institution in connection with the US$1 billion loan facilities made available to a Nigerian telecoms joint venture company to finance the development of its mobile telecommunications towers network in Nigeria
- A syndicate of African banks, Africa based international banks and a development finance institution in connection with the US$250 million loan facility made available to a national airport network operator in West Africa for the construction of a new airport terminal at capital's principal international aiport
- A leading English commercial bank in relation to a £10.5 million bilateral secured term loan facility made available to an online DVD rental subscription company
- An AIM-listed oil and gas exploration and production company, in relation to a £110 million facility made available by an international bank based in London in connection with the acquisition of a subsidiary of a large Asian oil and gas company.