Brittany is a deal lawyer that focuses her practice on commercial real estate. She represents clients in the acquisition, development, sale and financing of commercial properties, including industrial, retail, office and multi-family projects.
Brittany guides clients through all stages of the acquisition of commercial properties, from negotiating the purchase and sale agreement, to reviewing and coordinating diligence (including complex title and survey issues), to closing. Brittany also assists developer clients in acquiring, developing, financing, leasing and selling industrial projects in North Carolina. In addition, she negotiates lease agreements, including build-to-suit leases, long-term ground leases and master, multi-state leases. Brittany has a true 360-degree view of real estate lending, as she frequently represents borrowers and lenders in real estate construction loans, including multi-state loans.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- Member, NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties)
- Member, Board of Directors and Programming Chair, Big Brothers Big Sisters Services, Inc.
- Member, The Junior League of Winston-Salem, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Section
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, Forsyth County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Real Estate Law, 2021 - Present
- Co-Presenter, “The Corporate Transparency Act,” Real Estate Practice Group Quarterly Meeting, March 1, 2022