Briony is an associate specialising in real estate. She advises clients operating in a range of sectors including energy, retail and rail.
She has experience acting for both landlords and corporate occupier tenants in the drafting and negotiation of retail leases and agreements for lease. She also has significant experience working for developer clients advising on disposals and acquisitions and negotiating options and leases for renewable energy projects. More recently, she has advised landowner clients in connection with energy storage projects of their land.
Briony has also advised a variety of clients on re-financings, acquisitions, disposals (including sale and purchase contracts conditional on planning) and development agreements.
- Institutional investors on the acquisition and disposal of properties including large estates and retail parks. Also in relation to development sites and pre-let agreements
- Occupiers such as Clarks Shoes on re-gears, restructures and day to day management issues arising in relation to their portfolio
- A national transport infrastructure company on the granting of retail leases at managed station locations, the acquisition of freehold property and the grant of easements relating to their operational needs
- A major public body on a large redevelopment project including overage provisions and the negotiation of transfer provisions
- Landowners in connection with battery storage projects and the negotiation of option agreements, leases and ancillary documentation
- A large renewable energy company on the development of numerous multi-landowner sites for medium wind farm and solar developments including title investigations and negotiation of options and leases
- A leading bank in connection with the due diligence and reporting for secured lending transactions.