Brian Hayles is a seasoned antitrust attorney whose practice focuses on clients in the healthcare sector. For over a decade, clients have turned to Brian for guidance on hospital and physician practice mergers, antitrust litigation, federal and state antitrust investigations, and managed care contracting practices. He has earned client trust by cutting to the chase and getting results.
Brian serves clients across the United States, taking leading roles in matters from Maine to California. Along the way, he has developed deep experience practicing before the Federal Trade Commission, the US Department of Justice Antitrust Division, and numerous state attorneys general. He routinely serves health care providers of all sizes, from small community clinics to large national healthcare systems. He understands that one size does not necessarily fit all, and tailors his approach to fit the specific needs of each client.
Brian also has a deep commitment to pro bono service. He is accredited to practice before the US Department of Veterans Affairs, where he routinely serves our military veterans in pursuing claims for disability benefits. He has achieved outstanding results for these most deserving clients.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Secured antitrust clearance of the sale of Trinity Hospital of Augusta to University Health Care System in Augusta, Georgia.
- Secured antitrust clearance of the sale of Lovelace Health Plan to Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico.
- Attained summary judgment on behalf of a regional health care system in an antitrust case involving the revocation of a physician’s medical staff privileges. Wood v. Archbold Medical Center, Inc., 738 F.Supp.2d 1298 (M.D. Ga. 2010).
- On multiple occasions, persuaded Federal Trade Commission’s Office of Policy Planning to issue advocacy letters in opposition to proposed legislation that would adversely impact clients.
- Provided antitrust counseling in the context of Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and Second Request compliance.
- Provided antitrust counseling to various trade associations, including the Association of Dental Support Organizations.