Anthony concentrates his practice on various intellectual property litigation matters in the federal courts and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. He also counsels clients in selecting, clearing, and maintaining international trademarks and has experience in patent and trademark prosecution and negotiating and drafting IP licensing and co-existence agreements. He has successfully litigated cases in the areas of patent infringement, trademark infringement, theft of trade secrets, trademark counterfeiting, and product liability in jurisdictions across the country.
Anthony’s technical background allows him to analyze clients’ technologies and establish their freedom to operate. He has prepared comprehensive opinions of counsel and successfully negotiated favorable licenses and settlements in numerous patent and trademark disputes.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented plaintiff/patent owner of magnetic snap closure and prevailed on summary judgment of patent infringement; after trial on damages, jury awarded reasonable royalty and found willful infringement; court awarded treble damages.
- Represented declaratory judgment plaintiff in patent dispute regarding pressure-sensitive adhesives; motion for summary judgment granted finding non-infringement.
- Represented plaintiff/condiment manufacturer in trademark infringement/counterfeiting matter; after court found infringement on summary judgment and a bench trial on the issue of damages, court awarded actual damages, treble damages, and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented defendant condiment manufacturer and obtained dismissal of complaint against it seeking declaratory judgment of non-infringement and cancellation of trademark. Also obtained an award of Rule 11 sanctions against Plaintiff and its counsel in the form of Defendant’s costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Represented defendant/alcoholic beverage manufacturer in breach of contract litigation; summary judgment granted dismissing damages claim; plaintiff’s request for a nationwide recall of product subsequently denied after evidentiary hearing.
- Represented plaintiff/patentee of handgun magazine insertion assembly in obtaining an order of civil contempt after defendant violated consent judgment by continuing to sell certain components of the patented assembly.
- Represented alcoholic beverage manufacturer against claims of trademark infringement at an evidentiary hearing and successfully defended a preliminary injunction motion seeking to enjoin the release of the client’s bourbon product to market.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- International Trademark Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Law Section, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member