Alex is based in London in the construction and engineering team. Alex's particular focus is engineering contracts in the energy, chemicals and transport sectors in the UK and internationally.
Specialist experience includes:
- Renewable and traditional power generation – onshore wind, offshore wind, solar PV and thermal, CCGTs, coal-fired Plant, nuclear plant and energy from waste schemes.
- Upstream and downstream oil and gas and chemicals projects: refineries, rigs, jackets and subsea installation, processing plant – new build and conversion.
He has in-depth knowledge of EPC and EPCM, FEED, design and build, and services contracts, including the following standard forms: FIDIC, LOGIC, NEC3, IChemE, MF1 and the ICC forms. His work often involves project finance. Alex also advises on contracts for the long term provision of engineering, and operation and maintenance contracts.
Alex also has extensive experience advising on PPP and commercial development transactions.
- Chemicals – advising a major international chemicals producer on a large cracker conversion project
- Gas fired power – advising Yeni Elektrik Uretim on the EPC, LTSA and O&M agreements and contract management support for a large CCGT plant in Turkey
- Real Estate – advising a multinational oil & gas services company on a FIDIC contract for the construction of a large O&G servicing facility in Kazakhstan
- Offshore wind – advising Ofgem, RWE Npower Renewables, EdF, Renewable Energy Systems, Statoil and other stakeholders in UK offshore wind projects
- Transport – advising a large UK transport infrastructure owner on alliancing agreements for the construction and renewal of infrastructure
- Power from Waste – advising ATCO Power on the development of two major EfW schemes
- Offshore wind – advising Ofgem, RWE Npower Renewables, EdF, Renewable Energy Systems, Statoil and various other stakeholders in UK offshore wind projects
- Onshore wind – advising REG Windpower, Renewable Energy Systems and other developers on a number of projects
- London 2012 Olympics – advising the ODA on a concession agreement for a multi-utilities concession on the Olympic Park
- Crossrail – advising Canary Wharf Contractors on the construction contracts for the construction of the Isle of Dogs station
- Offshore oil and gas – advising a joint venture between Gazprom, Total and Statoil on EPIC contracts for the sub-sea infrastructure for phase 1 of the development of the Shtokman gas field in the Barents Sea
- Nuclear – advising the Horizon Nuclear Power (JV) on new nuclear projects at Oldbury and Wylfa.
"…very personable and knowledgeable; great experience on national level"
John Middleton - Senior Counsel, SABIC UK Petrochemicals