Nearly 150 local entrepreneurs and innovators attended Venture Café Winston-Salem’s Thursday Gathering on January 16th, where Womble Bond Dickinson led the night’s high-impact programming for those located throughout North Carolina Piedmont.
Following a VIP networking reception, WBD’s Regulatory Affairs team members Heather Hatcher and Martika Harper partnered with Flywheel Coworking’s Adrian Smith to present two insightful panel discussions relevant for local entrepreneurs in the biotech and life sciences industries:
“Getting Grants for Biotech Startups”
- Adrian Smith, Program Director, Flywheel Coworking
- Heather Hatcher, Regulatory Scientist, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP
- David Kaiser, Assistant Director, Office of Science, Technology & Innovation, North Carolina Department of Commerce
- Christopher Veal, Technology Commercialization Counselor, North Carolina Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
Success Stories: What are VCs Looking For?
- Martika Harper, Regulatory Research Analyst, Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP
- Tom Hearn, Partner, Dioko Ventures
- Adam Orsborn, CEO and Founder, OrbitalRX
- Omeed Rahimi, CSO, EncepHeal Therapeutics, Inc.
Heather Hatcher leads the firm’s participation in Venture Café Winston-Salem. The weekly events take place in Winston-Salem’s Bailey Power Plant, a former industrial facility that has been refurbished as a multi-use space.
As a Thought Leader Sponsor, Womble Bond Dickinson will provide programming for one last Thursday Gathering session on April 23, 2020.
About Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP’s Regulatory Affairs
For a new drug, biologic or medical device, the pathway from early-stage development to commercialization can have many roadblocks. Womble Bond Dickinson’s US team of regulatory professionals and scientists has the in-depth knowledge and experience interacting with FDA to guide you in navigating the complex regulatory landscape. We are capable of assisting academic spin-offs, new product developers, established manufacturers and retailers with all of their regulatory needs.