The firm’s Charlotte office co-hosted a panel discussion on performing arts for the Mecklenburg County Bar’s Charlotte Legal Diversity Clerkship (CLDC) Class of 2023.
SPX Corporation was the co-host for the event, which featured the following distinguished panelists:
- Emily Chuma, Children’s Theater of Charlotte, Director of Development;
- Tom Gabbard, Blumenthal Performing Arts, President;
- John Quillin, Gay Men’s Chorus of Charlotte & Women’s Chorus of Charlotte, Managing Artistic Director;
- Katie Ramseur, JazzArts Charlotte, Board Member; and
- Doug Singleton, Charlotte Ballet, Executive Director.
The event took place July 12 at the Knight Theater. WBD summer associate Volodymyr Usov is a member of the CLDC Class of 2023. The CLDC program operates with one basic goal—to improve diversity in the Mecklenburg County Bar by attracting top first-year law students with diverse backgrounds to Charlotte through corporate and law firm summer internships.