Clients rely on Vivian to help design and implement compensation systems to drive success by attracting, motivating and retaining top talent. Vivian is a dynamic member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group and a member of the Public Company Advisors Team.
Vivian has worked on deals in the US, UK and beyond for public and private companies and venture capital/private equity firms in numerous sectors, including technology, hospitality, health care, manufacturing, consumer goods, and banking and finance. Her experience extends to advising public companies on compensation and corporate governance issues and on the proxy voting guidelines of institutional investors and proxy advisory firms such as ISS and Glass Lewis.
Vivian also counsels companies on designing and implementing equity incentive plans and employment, severance, change-in-control and other compensation-related arrangements for both private and public companies, as well as advising clients on the tax, securities, and other federal and state law issues with respect to such plans and arrangements. Vivian is a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals and the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, is active with the Minority Corporate Counsel Association, and volunteers as a Stanford University alumni interviewer in the North Carolina Triad area.
Board Member, LEAP Self-Defense, Inc., Boston, MA, 2011-2012
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Ongoing representation of NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies in technology, manufacturing, hospitality, consumer goods, and banking and finance industries in executive compensation, securities and corporate governance matters.
- Represented designer and manufacturer of high-performance radio frequency (RF) solutions in its $1.6 billion merger of equals with a provider of RF solutions and foundry services for communications, defense and aerospace companies.
- Represented North Carolina Triangle area technology development company in $360 million transaction to support design, construction, and operation of innovative power plants.
- Represented music and social media company and affiliates in $10 million private placement of securities and related technology development, referral, and management services agreements.
- Represented international chemical company in its $18 million acquisition of nanotechnology intellectual property and other assets.