Vicky is a Managing Associate in our Construction and Engineering Team with over 10 years’ experience in transactional construction work. She has acted for developers, local authorities, financial institutions, energy suppliers, chemical companies and education providers on a variety of everyday and complex construction projects.
She has experience preparing, negotiating and reviewing bespoke and standard form construction and EPC contracts including JCT, NEC, IChemE, FIDIC and LOGIC forms, appointments, collateral warranties, third party rights and bonds and guarantees.
She has experience dealing with contractors and suppliers based in foreign jurisdictions and is familiar with a variety of local and national contractor frameworks. She also has experience on large projects utilising building information modelling.
- On, preparing and negotiating bespoke and IChemE based EPC Contracts and associated ancillary documents for a number of energy from waste and biomass projects including several anaerobic digestion facilities, Cardiff Food Recycling Project, a £50 million steam autoclave facility, the £720 million Cumbria Waste PPP project and CHP system for the University of York
- City of York Council on day to day legal issues and a number of high profile projects including the Access York Project and the new Community Stadium and Leisure Services Project
- the University of York on the construction documentation for Goodricke College (600 bed), Langwith College (650 bed) and College 3 all procured in JV with a private developer and including third party bank funding
- a number of developers and funders in relation to commercial developments such as Merrion House, Leeds (£20 million), Stephenson Quarter, Newcastle (£50 million), Raithwaite Hall Hotel, Merrion Hotel and Premier inn, Leeds and advising clients on regeneration schemes in Enterprise Zones with an estimated development value of £400 million
- SABIC, a multinational chemicals company on a nationally significant project to convert a cracker to an ethane feedstock. The contracts are valued in the hundreds of millions
- Gateshead Council on the construction aspects of its £14 million District Heating Scheme includes an energy centre, infrastructure works and a district energy network and a contractor bidding for Leeds District Heating Scheme
- Beaumont Morgan in relation to a number of large residential developments
- A large construction contractor in relation to a number of projects where it is acting/bidding as contractor including Leeds Social Housing PFI and Birmingham Council’s Housing Repairs and Maintenance Project.
"a pragmatic and well-informed lawyer."