Described by industry sources as "responsive" and "a pragmatic and well-informed lawyer", Vicky is a Managing Associate in our Construction and Engineering Team with over 10 years’ experience in transactional construction work.
She has acted for developers, local authorities, financial institutions, technology providers, retailers, manufacturers and education providers on a variety of everyday and complex projects.
Along with experience preparing, negotiating and reviewing bespoke and standard form construction contracts (including JCT, NEC, IChemE, FIDIC, MF1 and LOGIC forms) Vicky has a specialism dealing with EPC contracts and renewable energy and district heating projects. She also has an interest in digital construction and how it will impact on the construction industry in the future having worked on projects utilising BIM and written articles and presented on the topic.
- preparing, reviewing and negotiating EPC Contracts and associated ancillary documents for a number of energy from waste and biomass projects including several anaerobic digestion facilities, Cardiff Food Recycling Project, a £50 million steam autoclave facility, gas peaking plants, the £720 million Cumbria Waste PPP project and CHP system for the University of York.
- advising on the construction aspects of district heating schemes such as the district energy infrastructure for the £350 million Newcastle Helix project, Gateshead Council on its £14 million district heating scheme and a contractor bidding for Leeds District Heating Scheme.
- acting for local authorities on day to day construction matters and large capital projects such as City of York Council on its Access York Project, their Community Stadium and Leisure Services Project and Gas Renewals and Tenant’s Choice Frameworks; Three Rivers District Council on their leisure DBOM Project; Doncaster Council in relation to the construction aspects of its Waterdale development; and Newcastle Council on the Stephenson Quarter Development .
- advising developers such as Town Centre Securities and Marick Capital in relation to city centre commercial developments including Merrion House, Merrion Hotel and Whitehall Plaza , Leeds.
- acting for funders including private equity funds and banks on real estate finance and renewable projects.
- advising on residential schemes for promoters and house builders, in particular with infrastructure requirements such as roads, rail halts and gas and electricity including acting for Taylor Wimpey and Linden in relation to various packages of works relating the construction of a housing development in Thirsk together with the associated highways improvement and infrastructure works and Commercial Estates Group on the gas and electricity installation, adoption and transportation contract for a large residential scheme in Warwickshire and rail halt works for the £400 million Kirkstall Forge project.
- acting for a multinational chemicals company on a nationally significant project to convert a cracker to an ethane feedstock. The contracts are valued in the hundreds of millions and included advising on a FEED Agreement and EPCm Contracts.
- acting for retailers in relation to day to day developments such as refits and remodelling and on warehouse and store management systems using MF1 forms of contract.
- acting for education providers on large capital projects including the University of York on the construction documentation for Goodricke College (600 bed), Langwith College (650 bed) and College; Liverpool Hope University on the construction documentation for a number of capital projects for accommodation, infrastructure and teaching facilities and maintenance contracts; and Leeds City College on the construction documentation in relation to their multi-million pound relocation to and fit out of The Printworks, Leeds.
- advising a large construction contractor in relation to a number of projects where it is acting/bidding as contractor including Leeds Social Housing PFI and Birmingham Council’s Housing Repairs and Maintenance Project.
"a pragmatic and well-informed lawyer."
"She is very responsive and gets a very good grasp on the issues very quickly."